U.G level Ladybrabourne college 1979 2004 B.A (Hons)
P.G level Jadavpur University 1984 1986 M.A (Tagore literature)
P.G level University of Calcutta 2004 2008 M.A (Katha Sahitya)
Carred out independent research or last 24 years (after the rigorous research work for Ph.D from 1984 1990) in different areas- fiction , Tagore literature , womens studies , poetry and other interdisciplinary topics.
1. Examiner ,Paper setter and moderator of B.A,.M.A examination conducted by the Calcutta University ,Jadavpur University ,Rabindra Bharati University & Netaji Subhash open University.
2. Examiner of Ph.D & M.Phil dissertation of Jadavpur University , Rabindra Bharati & Calcutta University.
Administrative & Academic Experience
1. 1996 -98 Head , Department of Bengali Lady Brabourne College Kolkata
2. 1998 2004 Principal , Lady Brabourne College
Shouldered as Principal of a more than 60 year old College the responsibilities of preserving the standard of the college at a height where it stood and to improve further the scope and visibility of the College to the outside world . Special responsibility was to improve the hostel facility in the girls hostel of the college accommodating more than 200 students. During the tenure as Principal two new undergraduate course in Statistics and Micro biology and one Post graduate course in Geography were introduced in the College. A number of research projects , minor & major , were brought to the College from UGC and other funding agencies. Organized many national seminars and workshops on topics relevant to the teaching programme of the college .Career counseling and placement services were also started in the college.
3. Member , Education Commission , Govt, of West Bengal 2001 which was chaired by Prof. Ranju Gopal Mukherjee
4. Government representative in a number of selection committees constituted for the recruitment of lecturers , Readers and other senior administrative officers of different Universities, also in career advancement of lecturers and readers in the colleges of West Bengal.
October 2004 June 2009
5. President , West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education During this tenure the Higher Secondary Council has introduced the reformed syllabus and modernized the examination system . The Course structure as well as the final H.S examination has been split into two parts one part for class xi and the other for class XII reducing the load & stress on the students at the same time maintaining the standard and credibility of the Curriculum unaltered and undiluted .the question structure has also been changed .A major modification of the H.S examination system has been made through the introduction of the letter grade system for the evaluation of the achievement level of a student .
June 2009 May -2012
6. Vice Chancellor , University of Gour Banga. Completed the full term of VC for 3 years successfully . During this tenure as VC of the affiliating University of Gour Banga , given actual shape to the University Campus . With the support from the Govt. construction work of administrative and science buildings were completed. Eleven major science departments , a few Arts departments and also Commerce department , over and above the existing ones were started with freshly recruited set of Professors , Associate Professors and Assistant Professor . Admission & examination system of the affiliated B.Ed and general colleges were modernized. Organized 71st Indian History Congress at Maldah . More than 1000 participants attened the congress. It was truly an international affair .
7. Worked as a member of the fund disbursing committee of U.G.C in the eastern region.
8. Member of Sahitya Akademi ( Bengali Advisory Board).
Book chapters 50
Paper presented in National & International seminars 20
Chaired session (National 7 International ) 15