Dr. Sukanya Ray,First Class First and double Gold Medallist in M.A. (Political Science) of the University of Burdwan, earned her Ph.D from Jadavpur University in 2008.She joined the Education Service of the Govt. Of West Bengal(W.B.E.S) as an Assistant Professor in the Post-graduate Department of Political Science, Hooghly Mohsin College.She has been serving the Lady Brabourne College,Kolkata as a faculty since 2010. Dr. Ray has a good number of research papers published in the area of Indian Political Thought and Political Theory.
Singing Rabindrasangeet(Tagore songs) and listening to classical and contemporary Indian and Western music,
Flair in Spanish Language,
Reading Fictions and Biographies.
Approaches to Human Development : As Shown by Swami Vivekananda(First Author),Advaita Ashrama,Kolkata and Mayavati,Himalayas,July,2014.[ISBN 81-7505-426-3].
Vivekananda’s Model of Human Development’ – a chapter in the book : Vivekananda as theTurning Point(the prestigious international publication,brought out with the support of the Government of India,by the Advaita Ashrama of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission,Kolkata in January,2013 on the occasion of Swami Vivekananda’s on 150th Birth Anniversary,PP.213-236. [ISBN 978-81-7505-372-4].
- ’A Poet’s School at Santiniketan : Change and Continuity’,The Educational Review,Madras,Vol.100,October,1994.
- ‘Political Socialisation of Children:A Research Note’,The Bulletin of the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture,Vol.56,May,2005.
- ‘Conceptualizing Political Development:A Research Note’,Socialist Perspective, Vol. 34,(June-September),2006.
- ’Swami Vivekananda’s Concept of Human Development’:Timeless Relevance’,Annual Journal of Swami Vivekananda’s Ancestral House & Cultural Centre, Vol.1,January, 2010.
- ‘Swami Vivekananda and Bharat Parikrama:The Lasting Significance’, ,Annual Journal of Swami Vivekananda’s Ancestral House & Cultural Centre,Vol.2, January,2011.
- ‘The Making of Vivekananda:His Family’s Role,Prabuddha Bharata,(Awakened India ),Vol. 116, April, 2011.
- ’Swami Vivekananda:Reflections on his Early thoughts in America’,abstract of the Paper published in the souvenir of the West Bengal Political Science Association ,June ,2011.
- ‘Vivekananda in the US before the Parliament of Religion Prabudhha Bharata,vol.117, October,2012.
- ‘Vivekananda’s Bharat Parikrama:A Reflective Analysis’ in the volume ‘Swami Vivekananda’s Vision and its Relevance in the Contemporary World’,Kolkata:Lady Brabourne College,March 2013,the volume containing the select articles of the UGC-sponsored National Level Seminar.
- ’Role of Ramakrishna and Vivekananda in Human Development’,Prabuddha Bharata (Awakened India),Vol. 119,January, 2014 and February,2014.
- ‘ Bankimchandra: Ideas on Nationalism’- the Paper was presented at the 15th Annual Conference of the West Bengal Political Science Association held at Lady Brabourne College on 29th March,2014.The Abstract of the Paper was published in the Souvenir of the West Bengal Political Science Association,March 2014.