Ph.D (2000), Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, University of Calcutta
Title: Studies on structural and physical properties of Hg-based
and other high-Tc superconductors
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CSIR fellowship (SINP Kolkata 1994-1998)
Research Fellowship (SINP, Kolkata 1999-2000)
Research Associateship (SINP, Kolkata 2000-2001)
Research Project Completed:
“Study of the intergrain tunneling magnetoresistance in double perovskite polycrystalline, singlecrystalline as well as nanometer-scale sized materials”.UGC Ref. No. F.PSW-030/04-05 (ERO) (2005- 2007)
Strongly correlated electron systems
1. B. Chattopadhyay, A. Poddar, S. Das, C. Mazumdar and R. Ranganathan, Studies of transport properties of Sr2Fe(Mo,V)O6 compounds. J. Alloys and Compds. 366, 28 (2004).
2. A. Poddar, S. Das and B. Chattopadhyay, Effects of Alkaline-Earth and Transition Metals on the Electrical Transport of double Perovskites. J. Appl. Phys 95, 6261 (2004).
3. A. Poddar, B. Bandyopadhyay and B. Chattopadhyay Effects of Co-substitution on superconductivity and transport in Tl2Ba2Ca1-xYxCu2O8+ δ . Physica C 390, 120 (2003).
4. A. Poddar, B. Bandyopadhyay, P. Mandal, D. Bhattacharya, P. Choudhury, U. Sinha and B.Ghosh, Studies of transport properties of MgB2 Superconductor. Physica C 390, 191 (2003).
5. A. Poddar and B. Chattopadhyay, Effects of Magnetic impurity on the stripe phase of (Bi/Tl)2(Sr/Ba)2CaCu2O8+ δ Superconductors. Eur. Phys. J. B 35, 69 – 75 ( 2003).
6. T.Chatterji, B.Ouladdiaf, P.Mandal, B.Bandyopadhyay and B.Ghosh, Jahn-Teller transition in La1-xSrxMnO3 in the low-doping region(0<x≤0.10), Phys. Rev. B 66, 054403 (2002)
7. P. Mandal , B. Bandyopadhyay and B. Ghosh, Resistivity anomaly in the vicinity of a structural phase transition in La1-xSrxMnO3. Phys. Rev. B 64, 180405(R) (2001)
1. B. Bandyopadhyay, A. Poddar and B. Ghosh, Pseudogap in high-Tc cuprates, J. Alloys and Compds. 326, 137 (2001).
8. B. Bandyopadhyay, Biplab Chattopadhyay,A.N.Das and B.Ghosh, Structural distortions and extension of superconducting region in the Tc-p phase diagram of HgBa2CuO4+d. Physica C 349 (2001) 119-124.
9. Biplab Chattopadhyay, B. Bandyopadhyay, Asok Poddar, P. Mandal, A.N.Das and B.Ghosh, Suppression of Tc by impurities in Bi-2212 and Tl-2212: Studies on pseudogap and its effects. Physica C 331, 38 (2000).
10. B. Bandyopadhyay, P. Mandal and B. Ghosh, Variation of Tc and transport properties of Co-doped Bi2Sr2Ca1-xYxCu2O8 system. Phys. Rev. B. 60, 3680 (1999).
11. L.Fabrega, J. Fontcuberta, F. Sabdiumenge, J. V. Yakhmi, B. Bandyopadhyay and B. Ghosh, Granular behaviour and microstructure of Tl-doped HgBa2CuO4+: impact of grinding. Supercond. Sci. Technol. 12, 259 (1999).
12. Jae-Hyuk Choi, Mun-Seog Kim, Sung-Ik Lee, Su-Young Lee, In-Sang Yang, J. V. Yakhmi, J. B. Mandal, B. Bandyopadhyay, and B. Ghosh. Flux-pinning behavior and the interlayer coupling of the Hg0.7Cr0.3Sr2CuO4+. Superconductor. Phys. Rev. B 58, 538 (1998).
13. B. Bandyopadhyay, J. B. Mandal, and B. Ghosh, Effect of Tl doping on the structural and physical properties of HgBa2CuO4+ superconductor. Physica C 298, 95 (1998).
14. B. Bandyopadhyay, J. B. Mandal, A. J. Pal, P. Choudhury, P. Mandal and B. Ghosh, Raman and Ft-ir studies on (Hg,V)(La,Sr)2CuO4+ and (Hg,Cr)Sr2CuO4+ superconductors. Physica C 282-287, 1049 (1997).
15. J. B. Mandal, B. Bandyopadhyay, P. Mandal, P. Choudhury, A. N. Das and B. Ghosh, On structural and transport properties of Hg-based high-Tc superconductors. A review article in `STUDIES OF HIGH TEMPERATURE SUPERCONDUCTORS` vol.24 (Nova Science Publishers), edited by A. Narlikar.
16. Su-Young Lee, Bo-Youn Chang, In-Sang Yang, Ji-Hye Gwak, Sung-Jim Kim, Jae-Hyuk Choi, Sung-Ik Lee, J. V. Yakhmi, J. B. Mandal, B. Bandyopadhyay, and B. Ghosh, Raman study of the Hg0.7Cr0.3Sr2CuO4+ superconductors. Physica C 282-287, 1039 (1997).
17. Jae-Hyuk Choi, Mun-Seog Kim, Sung-Ik Lee, Su-Young Lee, In-Sang Yang, J. V. Yakhmi, J. B. Mandal, B. Bandyopadhyay, and B. Ghosh, Two-dimensional superconducting behavior of Hg0.7Cr0.3Sr2CuO4+. Physica C 282-287, 2001 (1997).
18. B. Bandyopadhyay, J. B. Mandal, and B. Ghosh,(Hg0.8Ti0.2)Sr2(Ca1-xYx)CuO6+.: a new series of mercury-based 1212 superconductors. Supercond. Sci. Technol. 9 (1996) 706.
19. B. Bandyopadhyay, J. B. Mandal, A. Poddar, P. Choudhury and B. Ghosh, Structural, transport and thermal properties of (Hg0.7Cr0.3 )Sr2CuO4+. J. Phys: Condens. Matter 8 (1996) 1.
20. J. B. Mandal, B. Bandyopadhyay, F. Fauth, T. Chattopadhyay and B. Ghosh, A new mercury –based high-Tc cuprate (Hg0.7V0.3 )(Sr2-xLax)CuO4+. Physica C 264 (1996) 145.
21. B. Bandyopadhyay, J. B. Mandal, A. Poddar, P. Choudhury and B. Ghosh, X-ray structure, electrical resistivity, Hall effect and thermoelectric behavior of (Hg/Cr)1Sr2CuOy. Physica B 223-224 (1996) 580.
22. J. B. Mandal, B. Bandyopadhyay, B. Ghosh, H. Rajagopal, A. Sequeira and J. V. Yakhmi, Neutron diffraction structural study of 1201 superconductor (Hg0.7Cr0.3 )Sr2CuO4+. J. Superconductivity 9 (1996) 261.
23. J. B. Mandal, B. Bandyopadhyay, A. Poddar, P.Choudhury and B. Ghosh. Low Temperature synthesis of superconducting HgBa2CuO4+y and its deterioration to non-superconducting phase studied by x-ray and IR methods. Physica C 235-240 (1994) 1107.