Hobbies: Reading books, magazines and Newspapers, Listening music, Writing, Reading books especially short stories and poems
Special Interest: Gender studies and related area
Current Teaching Activity:
Undergraduate teaching modules:
i) Waves and Vibrations
ii) Electromagnetic Induction
iii) Statistical Mechanics
iv) Programming in FORTRAN and C
v) General and Honurs Practical
Postgraduate teaching modules:
i) Statistical Mechanics,
ii) Numerical Analysis
iii) Material Science
v) General Practical
Also guiding the Post-Graduate students in their project work.
• Broad area of research interest – statistical mechanics and soft condensed matter physics and strongly correlated system.
• Interested to study the effective forces between the particles dispersed in a two dimensional colloidal fluid, modulated in one direction by a spatially periodic external potential by Monte - Carlo simulations and also the novel self assembly process. The tumability of effective forces in colloidal system with particle size variation is also an area of interest.
• Interested in studying the properties of geologically important materials such as Olivine, Garnet etc by first principle methodology.
• Interested in structural modelling of Glassy system and in studying the transport properties of metallic glasses.
1. High – pressure studies of MgTe using first – principle electronic – structure calculations C. Basu Chaudhuri, G.Pari, A Mookerjea and A Bhattacharyya Phys. Rev. B 60, 11846 (1999)
2. Observation of large change of 7Be decay rate in Au and Al2O3 and its implications A. Ray, P. Das, S K Das, B Sethi, A Mookerjee, C Basu Chaudhuri, G Pari Physical Letters B 455, 69(1999)
3.Effect of short – range order on electronic and magnetic properties of disordered Co – based alloys S. Ghosh, C Basu Chaudhuri, Biplab Sanyal, A Mookerjee J. Magn. Magn. Matter 234, 100113 (2001)
4. Electronic structure and magnetism of disorederd bcc Fe alloys S Ghosh, B Sanyal, C Basu Chaudhuri and A Mookerjee Eur. Phys. J. B23, 455 (2001)
5.Glass transition temperature of Pd-Cu-Ni-P thin film metallic glass - A 2D approach Haimanti Chakrabarti, C Basu Chaudhuri, Baishali Kanjilal, J. Non. Cryst. Solids, 359, 1, 2013, Pages 51-55
6. Glass Transition in thin film metallic glass of Pd-Cu-Ni-P Suchismita Roy, Suprova Moandal, Baishali Kanjilal, Chhanda Basu Chaudhuri, Haimanti Chakrabarti Science Journal, Lady Brabourne College, ISSN 2319 – 6858, vol – 3, December – 2012 , p 67 - 73
7.Cross-over between central and non-central conservative effective forces in a modulated colloidal fluid: The Journal of Chemical Physics, 139, 204903, 2013 Chhanda Basu Chaudhuri, Srabani Chakrabarty and J. Chakrabarti
8. Study of phase behaviour of a 2D colloidal system by Monte Carlo Simulation, MAC, Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, ISSN No. 2347-5366, Vol. I, No. 1, 2013, p 137-143 Chhanda Basu Chaudhuri, Srabani Chakrabarty
9. Lise Meitner – The Most Significant Woman Scientist in twentieth century: News Letter Women Study Centre: Lady Brabourne College, vol 4, p 29-31, 2013 Chhanda Basu Chaudhuri, Srabani Chakrabarty
Papers in Conferances:
1. Ground State and High Pressure Studies of MgTe by First Principle Electronic Structure Calculations Chhanda Basu Chaudhuri, G Pari, A Mookerjee Solid State Physics: Proceedings of the DAE Solid State Physics Symposium, 352, 1999
2. Mass Transport in Bulk Metallic Glass Pd-Cu-Ni-P C Basu Chaudhuri, S Roy, S Mandal, H Chakrabarti, CMDAYS 09, 26 – 28 th August, 2009
3.Twin Cell Model for understanding the local and global mass transport in Thin Film Metallic Glass (TFMG) A Das, C Basu Chaudhuri, CMDAYS 10, 25 - 27 th August, 20104. Monte Carlo Study on the nature of effective forces in a modulated liquid: CMDAYS 2013 Chhanda Basu Chaudhuri, Srabani Chakrabarty