|Name of the Institution where the research was carried out.||Title of the Project||Funding Agency||Scholarship|
|Institute of Wetland Management and Ecological Design . Department of Environment ,Govt. of West Bengal. ||Wetlands of West Bengal|
|Project Scientist||June 1996|| |
|Aquaculture Research Unit . Dept of Zoology, University of Calcutta.||'Heavy Metal hazards in Waste Water Pond in and around Calcutta and their effect on mammalian systems contaminated through fish raised in Waste Water impoundment'||Department of Environment ,Govt. of West Bengal.|
Junior Research Fellow
|Jan 1998 |
|Aquaculture Research Unit . Dept of Zoology, University of||'Heavy Metal hazards in Waste Water Pond in and around Calcutta and their effect on mammalian systems contaminated through fish raised in Waste Water impoundment'||CSIR, New Delhi ||Senior Research Fellow||Oct 1999 ||Aug 2002|
|Barasat Govt. College /Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata||'Biodiversity of the Icthyofauna of Kolkata sewage fed wetlands and their Conservation strategies'.||UGC, New Delhi ||Minor Research project||April 2006||March 2008|
|Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata ||'Resource assessment ,recovery and Utilization in dynamic sewage fed wetland ecosystem for low cost production of animal protein' ||UGC, New Delhi||Major Research project||August 2012||Ongoing|
LIST OF ABSTRACTS AND ARTICLES
- Maiti , P. and Banerjee, S. (2011) An investigation on the decline of fish faunal resource of Kolkata wetlands. Proc Nat Sem. 'Bioresource and human Welfare' .Lady Brabourne College. Kolkata
- 2. Maiti , P. ( 2011 ) An Investigation on the Decline of Fish Faunal Diversity of the East Kolkata Wetlands. Paper submitted for Refresher Course in Life Science 2011, UGC Academic Staff College, University of Calcutta.
- Maiti, P. ( 2006) Metal Pollution in sewage Fed Fish . A Health Threat for the People of Kolkata. Abstract submitted in the Proc .UGC sponsored Orientation programme , University of Calcutta .
- Maiti, P. and Chakrabarti, J. (2004). Sewage recycling in Wetlands : A treat to the Environment. A overview (Communicated in the National Seminar on Disaster and its Management. Perspective and Future Approaches, 2004) Krishnagar Govt. College.
- Maiti, P. (2003). Habitat Induced Metal Accumulation in sewage-fed Fish and their depuration in changed environment., 2003 (Selected in the 90th Indian Science Congress, Bangalore, for Young Scientist Award Programme under Section : Animals Veterinary & Fishery Sciences).
- Size gradient accumulation of Metals in a Fish Species Orechromis nilotica , reared in Sewage fed ponds and their possible transfer in human Food chain., 2002, (Selected in the 89th Indian Science Congress, Luknow, for Young Scientist Award Programme under Section : Animals Veterinary & Fishery Sciences).
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2002). Transport and fate of metals in Fish raised in productive sewage-fed ecosystem (Communicated in the National Seminar on Human Resource Development in Fisheries and Aquaculture for Eastern and North Eastern India, 14 - 15 March, 2002, ICAR - Kolkata).
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2000). Accumulation of some metallic ions in some fish / raised in wetlands (Communicated in the National Seminar on Current Trends and Wetlands and Fisheries Research in the New Millennium, Dept. of Life Science, Assam, Silchar.
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (1999). Accumulation of Heavy metals in different tissues of a fish species Orepchromis nilotica exposed in waste water ecosystem (Communicated in the National Seminar on Environmental Biology and Fish Biology (1999), Dept. of Zoology, University of Visva Bharati, Santiniketan
BRIEF TEACHING STATEMENT
- Employed in the WBES service with a teaching experience for 11 years 10 months in ( Zoology honours ) at the Undergraduate level.
- Served at Barasat Govt. College (from 8.8.2002 to 6.12.2006) and presently serving at Lady Brabourne College.
- Serving as Guest Lecturer at the PG and UG department of Zoology at Sreerampore College , West Bengal for teaching in Post graduate classes in Biodiversity and Conservation Biology ( Non remunerative ) .
- Served as Guest Lecturer in The Department of Zoology University of Calcutta, for the M.Phil. Course in Fishery.
- Serving as University Examiner in UG (Zoology) Theory and Practical examinations in Calcutta University.
- Served as Paper setter in Vidyasagar University and in other Public examinations.
- Served as Paper setter and examiner in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination.
Maiti , P. K. and P. Maiti ( 2011 ) Biodiversity its Perception, Peril and Preservation in the Indian Perspective. PHI . Leaning Pvt Ltd. New Delhi.
Journals ( International Publication )
- Paulami Maiti and Samir Banerjee ( 2013 )Investigation on the Decline of Fish Faunal Diversity of the East Kolkata Wetlands. World Journal of Science and Technology3(02):16-21 .
- Maiti , P . and S. Banerjee (2012) Dynamics of Metal Concentration in Relation to Body size and Feeding Habit of Sewage fed Carps . World Journal of Fish and Marine Sciences. 4 (4): 407-417.
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2012 ). Fate of metals in fish under variable sewage-input in ponds . International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 2( 6) 1- 13.
Journals ( National level Publication )
- Maiti P and S. Banerjee (2012 ) Threats of Metal Pollution in Sewage fed fish of the Kolkata Wetlands - An overview . Science Journal . Lady Brabourne College . 3 .82-96
- Maiti P. and Banerjee, S. ( 2011 ). Accumulation of Cu, Pb, Zn and Cd in three benthic fish species from the Kolkata wetlands. J. Curr . Sci. . 16 ( 1) 79-86.
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2010 ). Size gradient accumulation of metals in a fish species (Oreochromis nilotica) exposed in Wastewater ecosystem Science and Culture . 77 ( 1-2 ) 40 -45
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2005). Depuration of metals in a sewage-fed fish during post harvest condtioning in uncontaminated water . Poll.Res. .24(4):753-761
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2003). Seasonal scenario of metals in some fish species from Wastewater Wetlands of Kolkata.J. Natcon. 15(2): 423-440.
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2002). Size dependent accumulation of Zn in a Wastewater raised fish species, Orechromis nilotica. Eco. Env. & Cons. 8(2): 161-165.
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2001). Hepatic accumulation of Cu in some sewage fed fish species.Ind. J. Environ. and Ecoplan. 3(2) : 265-269.
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (1999). Accumulation of heavy metals in different tissues of the fish, Orechromis nilotica, exposed to waste water. Environ.Ecol. 17(4): 895-898.
Full Paper Published in
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2008).Strategy of metal accumulation in Fish with various food preferences . Zoological Research in Human Welfare .39 . 381-388 .
Chapter in Edited Volume.
- Maiti, P. and Banerjee, S. (2002). Bioaccumulation of metals in different food fishes in wastewater fed wetlands. In : Ecology of polluted waters (Arvind, K. ed.). Vol.I, A.P.H. Publishing Corporation, New Delhi, pp.217-230.