Associate Professor & IQAC Coordinator
Department of English (UG & PG)
Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata
- I.C.S.E: Loreto House, Kolkata (7Points: Stood 1st in India) 1977
- H.S.: Loreto House, Kolkata (First Division) 1979.
- B.A. English Honours: Lady Brabourne College, University of Calcutta, ( 7th rank in C.U. among English Honours students) 1982-83.
- M.A in English, Jadavpur University,1984-85.
- PhD from Department of English, Jadavpur University, 1995.
- Recipient of British Council Visitorship award for pursuing Archival Work on T.S. Eliot at King’s College, Cambridge University, U.K. 1990.
- Appreciation award from Mrs. Valerie Eliot, wife of T.S.Eliot & then sole copyright owner in the form of the Ronald Schuchard edited publication of T.S.Eliot’s unpublished lectures on the Metaphysical Poets for meticulous research on “The Literary Criticism of T.S.Eliot: Paradoxes and Antinomies”.
- Post Doctoral work: Interdisciplinary Project “The Role of Lady Brabourne College in Educating the Minority Woman and its Impact on the Emancipation and Empowerment of the Woman in Bengal”. Funded by Higher Education Department, Science, Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal. Conducted project from 2013-2016. To be published as a book.
- UG teaching: 31 years and 6 months in WBES (1987-May 2018)
- PG teaching: 13 years
- Served in the Department of English, Jadavpur University, as Guest Faculty 2003-06.
- Since 2009 teaching in the PG Department of English, Lady Brabourne College.
Additional Information: Teaching
- Teacher of Remedial Course in English, under National Council of Education, Jadavpur University 2002. The Course catered to slow learners in English pursuing Bachelor of Engineering.
- Delivered Special Lecture on “Methodology of Teaching UG Course in English Honours” to DELT Batch 84 in the Programme conducted by the Institute of English, Department of Higher Education (now Department of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Biotechnology) Govt. of West Bengal, 2005.
- Served as Member of University Examination Committee in Maulana Azad College 1989-1992.
- Served as Venue Supervisor for W.B Higher Secondary Examinations for the Centre at Lady Brabourne College.
- Served as Convener for conducting B.A. /B.Sc Part III Examinations of the University of Calcutta in Lady Brabourne College.
- Initiated the opening of the Post Graduate Course “M.A. in English Literature” at Lady Brabourne College as a “Quality Initiative” of the IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) as its Coordinator. The Department of English was the first to introduce Post Graduate Course among Humanities departments.
- Since 2009 holding the post of Coordinator of Administrative and Examination Affairs for the Post Graduate Course “M.A. in English Literature” under statute of the University of Calcutta.
- Head Examiner for English Honours Paper IV B.A/ B. Sc Part II Examinations under University of Calcutta, 2016.
- Moderator for Papers V,VI,VII,VIIIA and VIIIB for PG Examinations 2017 Narsinha Dutt College, 2016.
Cumulative Experience in Academic Administration: 32 years +
Special Responsibilities as Academic Administrator
- Teachers Council Secretary, a G.O. backed post, in Lady Brabourne College, 2005.
- Coordinator of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), a UGC sanctioned office, at Lady Brabourne College since 2008.
- As IQAC Coordinator
- Managing the team for AQAR (Annual Quality Assurance Report) NAAC.
- Managing DCF team for AISHEE data compilation & analysis by MHRD since 2010.
- Acting as Approver for e-management of Finances for central Grants through PFMS 2017-18.
- NAAC Coordinator for Second Accreditation in 2014. Led the NAAC team to score 3.20, ensuring ‘A’ Grade for the second consecutive time.
- The CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 3.20 still remains the highest score among Colleges under Govt. Of West Bengal.
- The high score enabled the College to secure Rs. 2 Crores under Rashtriya Uchhatara Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) for infrastructure development 2015-17/18.
- The high score enabled the College to enter Phase II of UGC Centre with Potential for Excellence status in 2016.
- Nominated by the Principal as RUSA Project Monitoring Unit Coordinator 2015-18: successfully coordinated efforts of RUSA team members and various agencies to make Lady Brabourne College one of the top performers in infrastructural development. Lady Brabourne College is one of the best RUSA Colleges in Kolkata, West Bengal and India.
- Member of Principal’s Delegation to New Delhi to defend CPE Phase II 2016 and RUSA Phase III 2017.
- Ex-officio UGC Committee.
- Convener Disciplinary Committee.
- Member Anti Ragging Committee.
- M.Phil External Examiner for Department of English, Jadavpur University, 2012.
- Post Doctoral Research conducted on Interdisciplinary Project “The Role of Lady Brabourne College in Educating the Minority Woman and its Impact on the Emancipation and Empowerment of the Woman in Bengal”. Funded by Higher Education Department, Science, Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Guide to IVth Semester (Final Year) PG Students for M.A level Dissertations
Areas of guidance
- T.S. Eliot & Modern British and American Poetry
- Post Modern Literary Theory
- Plastic Arts and Literature.
Membership of Societies & Academic Administrative Bodies
- National Library, Kolkata
- British Council, Kolkata
- American Information Centre, Kolkata.
- Jadavpur University Society of Advanced Studies (JUSAS)
- Expert in Selection Committee for Faculty Improvement Programme Eligibilty of Smt. Malabika Sarkar, Senior Lecturer in English Basanti Devi College,Kolkata, under C.U.
- Principal’s Nominee to the PG Board of Studies/ Expert Committee, Department of English (PG), Loreto College, Kolkata 2017-18 onwards.