- Ph.D. (2017); Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
Thesis Title: On Some Univariate and Multivariate Process Capability Indices
- M. Tech in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research (2009); Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
- M.Sc. in Statistics (2007); University of Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Specialization: Applied Multivariate Analysis, Operation Research, Design of Experiment
- B.Sc. in Statistics (2005); Asutosh College, University of Calcutta.
- Multivariate Statistics
- Folded Statistical Distributions
- Statistical Quality Control
A Brief Description of Research:
Statistical quality control (S. Q. C.) comes under Industrial statistics. My particular research interest is process capability analysis, which measures the ability of a process to produce items within given specification limits. I have defined process capability indices (PCI) for different types of specification limits and have studied their statistical properties.
Multivariate statistics is that brunch of statistics which deals with more than one correlated variables. Due to computational complexity, the area of multivariate statistical quality control is not much explored in literature. I have proposed a new set of multivariate process capability indices (MPCI) for asymmetric specification region.
Finally, my research interest also includes folded statistical distributions. When the algebraic signs of data are missing, due to various reasons, the underlying statistical distribution becomes folded. We have proposed a simple algorithm to compute tabular values of univariate folded normal distribution. We have also defined multivariate folded normal distribution along with its p. d. f., mean vector and dispersion matrix.