Date of Birth: 06.04.1969
Academic Qualifications: M.Sc., Ph.D.
• 10th Std. – I.C.S.E Board from Carmel Convent School, Rourkela in 1985.
• +2 Science - C.H.S.E., Bhubaneswar from Women’s College, Rourkela in 1987.
• +3 Science – Sambalpur University from S.G. Women’s College, Rourkela in 1990 (achieved 7th position in University).
• M.Sc. – from School of Life Sciences, Sambalpur University in 1992 (achieved 2nd position in University).
• Qualified GATE in 1993
• Qualified CSIR-NET in 1993 both for JRF and LS.
• Awarded Ph.D. from Visva-Bharati University in 2000.
Area of specialization: Biochemistry (Enzymology)
Awards/ Recognitions Received: Received the UGC Research Award in 2004
Hobby: Music, Free lance Writing
Teaching Experience: 20 yrs
• Teaching Experience at Post Graduate Level: 6 Years
• Teaching Experience at Under Graduate Level: 20 Years (both Honours & General)
|Darjeeling Govt. College
|Barasat Govt. College
|Lady Brabourne College
||Continuing till date
Research Experience: 24 yrs
Thrust Area of Research:
• Epitope mapping of the allergenic proteins of the pollen of allergenic plants: implications for immunotherapy and studies on the air pollution impact on their etiology.
• Studies on Eco-taxonomy and Conservation Strategies of an Important Natural Soil binder Ipomoea pes-capre (Family Convolvulaceae) in their Coastal Belt of Bengal & Orissa, India.
• Role of Insects (particularly ants) foraging on extrafloral nectarines of certain plants as potential antiherbivore agents and analysis of the biochemical composition of extrafloral nectary.
• International Publications: 18
• National Publications: 30
• Chapters in books: 3
• Popular Articles: 31
1. Registered Ph.D. guide under Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, West Bengal
2. Number of students already awarded under my guidance: 2
• Rajat Pramanik
• Tamal Chakraborty
3. Number of students registered for Ph.D. degree at present: 1
• Barnali Bera
||Title of the Project
||Name of the Funding Agency
||“Identification, Isolation and Characterization of the allergy causing salivary gland protein of man biting Simuliidae (Diptera) of West Bengal, India”.
||UGC Minor Research Project
[Ref. No. F. PSW-076/00-01 (ERO), dated 27.02.01]
||“A molecular approach to the developmental basis of rhizophores, phylogenetic interpretation of intraspecific polymorphism in Selaginella and possible use of plant extracts in biological control of plant pathogens”
||UGC Major Research Project
[Ref. No. F3-175/ 2001(SR-II), dated 01.04.01]
||“Epitope mapping of the allergenic proteins of the pollen of a few allergenic plants growing in Kolkata: implications for immunotherapy and studies on the air pollution impact on their etiology”
||UGC - Major Research Project
[Ref. No. F. No. 42-559/2013 (SR), dt. 22.03. 13]
||“Extrafloral nectary attributes of some plants growing in Midnapore District of West Bengal, their effect on ant behaviour pattern in facultative ant plant mutualism and their taxonomic significance”
UGC - Major Research Project
[Ref. No. F.N. 42-917/2013(SR), dt 14.03.13]
Members In different Academic Bodies:
• Life member of the Zoological Society, Kolkata
• Life member of Indian Science Congress
• Life Member of National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi (NESA).
• Editorial Board member of the Journal ARANYA - (Nature and Wildlife Conservation Society)
• Coordinator for the forthcoming NAAC Accreditation in 2020.
• Member of Governing Body of Lady Brabourne College.
• Convener of DBT-STAR College Program and DBT-BOOST Program.
• Convener of Service Book and Tender Committees.
• Member of IQAC, Examination, Disciplinary and UGC Committees.
• Co-ordinator of M.Sc. Course in Zoology.