Designation: Associate Professor and Head of the Department, Economics, Lady Brabourne College
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Qualification: M.Sc.(C.U.) , M. Phil. (C.U.) , Ph. D. (J.U.)
Teaching Experience: 21 years in undergraduate level (Honours and General )
Research Experience: 14 years
Area of Specialization: Microconomic Theory, Statistics and Econometrics, Mathematical Economics
Area of Research: Social Sector, Labour, Gender
- Dissertation for obtaining the M.Phil degree under University of Calcutta entitled “Value Theory – Transition from Hegel to Marx” in 1989.
- Thesis for obtaining the Ph.D degree under Jadavpur University entitled “Economic Aspects of Education and Employment in West Bengal (1981 – 1991) in 2005.
- UGC sponsored Major Research project (as Co-investigator) entitled “Pattern of Child labour in West Bengal and its relation with the level of development” during 2000 – 2003.
- UGC sponsored Minor Research project (as Principal -investigator) entitled “Social Sector in India” during 2014 – 2016.
Member of Academic Bodies:
- Member, UG Board of Studies of Economics, University of Calcutta during 2008 – 2017.
- Member, UG Board of Studies of Economics, Ramakrishna Mission Residential College (Autonomous) during 2012 – 2017.
- Joint Secretary, Bengal Economic Association, (2011 – 2014) , (2017 – 2020)