About Me :
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Qualification : M.Sc. , M. Phil, Ph.D (CU)
Area of Research : International Trade, Women’s Issues
Specialization : International Trade
Hobbies: Reading Story Books & Listening to Music
Member of Academic Bodies / NGO :
- External Expert of the Ph.D committee in Commerce of Vidyasagar University since December, 2017.
- Member of Advisory Board of the journal “Bodhi”, the annual journal of Humanities and Social Science Department of Victoria Institution (College).
- Life Member of Bengal Economic Association
- Member of Executive Committee of Sarani, a NGO, at Salt Lake City.
Member of Administrative Committees (In LBC) :
- Member of Service Book Committee since 2010
- Member, NAAC Core Committee , 2014.
- Member, IQAC, since 2012 .
Evaluator / Jury Member :
- Co-ordinator/Head Examiner under CU
- External Examiner of Term Paper for different Colleges under CU
- Moderator under CU
- Examiner cum Scrutineer of CU and St Xavier’s College (Autonomous) , Kolkata
- Paper Setter of CU and St Xavier’s College (Autonomous) , Kolkata
- Jury member of paper presentation event ‘Exposition’ by students for the topic “Globalisation and Inequality in a developing country”, in the annual economic summit, Confluence ,organized by Xavier’s Economic Society, in September, 2017.
- Jury member of paper presentation event by students for the topic “Infrastructure, Development and Linkage Effect”, in the annual economic summit, Confluence ,organized by Xavier’s Economic Society, in September, 2015.
- Jury member of the event “Budding Economist”, in the annual economic summit, Confluence ,organized by Xavier’s Economic Society, in 2009.
Resource Person :
- Evaluator for participant’s seminar in Orientation Programme No. 113, organized by UGC – ASC/HRDC, CU on March, 2016.
- Acted as a Discussant of a paper entitled “Empirical Evidence on the Relationship between FDI & Economic Growth : A Cross-country Explanation in Asia”, in the 3 rd conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Public Finance, organized by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, in January, 2013.
- Delivered lecture in a Capacity Building Workshop on “Market Structure, Issues of Development and Political Economy”, organized by Department of Economics, Bethune College, in January, 2012.
Research Experience :
- Carried out a Minor Research Project, entitled “Determinants and Impact of FDI in Indian States”, sponsored by UGC, during 2011-13.
- Carried out a Minor Research Project, entitled “Nature and Composition of DFI”, Flow in India : Implication for Growth and the Environment”, sponsored by UGC, during 2005-07.
- “Welfare Analysis of Full and Partial Liberalisation Under Imperfection and Different Firm Strategies : A Theoretical Analysis”, thesis submitted for Ph.D , under Calcutta University, in 1998.
- “Welfare Implications of Free Trade and Alternative Trade Policies in a Strategic Model : A Conjectural Variation Approach”, dissertation submitted for M.Phil, under Calcutta University, 1990.
Research Supervision :
- Guided students of Third Year , Economics Honours for writing their term papers, since 2013.