Assistant Professor in West Bengal Education Service,
Assistant Professor in Department of Statistics, Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata.
Email id: email@example.com
- Ph.D.; University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
- DOEACC ‘A’ Level Course (Equivalent to Advanced Diploma in Computer Application)
- M.Sc. in Statistics ; University of Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Specialization: Applied Multivariate Analysis, Operation Research
- B.Sc. in Statistics; University of Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Career History: Teaching experience of 13 years
- Full-time faculty on contract basis at Acharya Prafulla Chandra College, New Barrackpore, Kolkata – from June, 2005 to February, 2007
- Full-time regular faculty at Bengal Institute of Technology and Management, Bolpur from February, 2007 to November, 2008
- Full-time regular faculty at Lady Brabourne College from November, 2008 to till date.
Area of Research:
My area of research is primarily focused on proposing some inferential techniques in the domain of species growth. My research works include offering a few novel and advanced goodness-of-fit tests as well as some model selection criteria for growth curve models. Goodness-of-fit tests are the very important tools to calculate the proximity between a real data set and a theoretical model, and hence enjoy immense practical value in real data analysis in the context of biological growth. From a set of eligible models, model selection criteria help to choose statistically the best one. I have also worked on the change point problems in growth systems. A change or a shift is very likely to occur in a growth journey as it is a dynamic process, and is required to be handled with proficiency for a satisfactory data analysis.
- Inference in Growth Curve Modelling
- Change Point Problems
- Ecological Statistics
- Worked on a research project as a part of the doctoral degree.
Thesis Title: On growth curve analysis and related statistical problems incorporation biological and ecological issues
- Worked on a Multidisciplinary Research Project on East Kolkata Wetland representing Department of Statistics, Lady Brabourne College. The project was jointly done by the six departments of this college: Microbiology, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geography and Statistics.